jueves, 2 de febrero de 2012

Santiago

Hi everyone! Today I’m going to talk about Santiago. I was born and raised here a few years ago, so I have experienced some of the changes that this city has had. For example the excessive urbanization of some areas such as parks, some squares, and the construction of many many buildings.
But now I’m going to speak about the things that I like about Santiago. I found very interesting its multicultural elements, needless to say, is the cultural capital of the country. So we can find a lot of different people from different parts of the country and the world in the same place and every one of them make the city a little more interesting. Also these multicultural elements make the city a place where you can find many distinct things. This is shown part in its architecture like the diverse type of buildings that we can see over the city. Some of the places that I find nicest are Concha y Toro and Paris-Londres neighborhood.
On the other hand, Santiago can be a very unpleasant place to live mainly because its pollution, in winter is really awful especially in the downtown. Besides, the cranky people make this city an incredibly stressed place to live. Plus to that the transport system is really deficient; a poor frequency of buses and too expensive tickets makes it a terrible terrible system. Add to that, that I live very far from downtown so for me traveling by bus means an hour and a half at least.  
What changes would make the city a better place? I think first of all changing the public transport system, for what I already said. Second, decongest the city to eliminate the pollution and improve the planning of the city.
If I have to give tips to a foreign person about Santiago I would recommend visiting Santa Lucía Hill, Parque Forestal, have a party in Bellavista and eat in La Vega.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario